Installed VS2013 Community Along VS2019 - Publish Fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - 

I have been developing a project in VS 2019 16.8.2 Community without issue in building and publishing.  Today I installed a version of VS 2013 Community for an older project, and now my VS 2019 project will not publish.  When I got to Build > Publish, I get the following error (the publish menu never comes up and the project completely unloads).

The diagnostic log reads:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
       at Microsoft.WebTools.Shared.VS.VisualStudio.Wrappers.VsProjectWrapper.get_ProjectGuid()
       at Microsoft.WebTools.Shared.VS.Nexus.Project.ProjectServiceImpl.<GetProjectIdAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Microsoft.Publish.Framework.ViewModel.ProfileSelectorViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass39_0.<<-ctor>b__0>d.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTask.CompleteOnCurrentThread()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTask`1.CompleteOnCurrentThread()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTaskFactory.Run[T](Func`1 asyncMethod, JoinableTaskCreationOptions creationOptions)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTaskFactory.Run[T](Func`1 asyncMethod)
       at Microsoft.WebTools.Shared.Threading.JoinableTaskFactoryThreadSwitcher.AsyncBlock[T](Func`1 act, String callSite)
       at Microsoft.WebTools.Shared.VS.Threading.JoinableTaskFactoryThreadingWrapper.AsyncBlock[T](Func`1 act, String callSite)
       at Microsoft.Publish.Framework.ViewModel.ProfileSelectorViewModel..ctor(IThreadSwitcher threadSwitcher, IPublishServiceProvider serviceProvider, IVsHierarchy hierarchy, ITelemetryProvider telemetryProvider, IVsWrappersFactory vsWrappersFactory, IReadOnlyList`1 providers, IFeatureManager featureDetectionManager, IProfileController profileController, Lazy`1 dependenciesManagerProvider, IReadOnlyList`1 profileLocators, IProjectTracker projectTracker, IProjectGitInfo projectGitInfo)
       at Microsoft.Publish.Framework.Provider.DefaultPublishTabProvider.<CreateViewAsync>d__16.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.Publish.Framework.Provider.PublishProjectDesignerTabProvider.<CreateViewAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
    ===================

I haven't found an error similar to this in my research. I have tried deleting the .vs folder, bin folder, suo file and reinstalling visual studio.  Nothing is working.  The same project will publish from another computer. I think this is an issue with having both vs 2013 and vs 2019 on the same PC.

I would appreciate any help on what to try next!

Saturday, November 21, 2020 5:22 AM

All replies

• forum migrated to mentioned below link please use this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/index.html

hope answer the question if issue resolve please accept answer

Saturday, November 21, 2020 9:33 AM
  • Hi danielaeqd,

In general, the VS2013 and VS2019 can be installed side-by-side if the system requirements are met. Refer to the information you provided, you can also have a try with the following methods:

1. Close all VS instances and repair VS2019 from VS Installer > More > Repair.

2. Reset your development settings.

By the way, our forum is related to .NET Framework Setup and Servicing, you could also report it in Developer Community. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 23, 2020 9:13 AM