Failed DTS package RRS feed

• General discussion

• while i execute the dts package it was running fine. but when i shcedule it on schedule time it was failing with the folloing error.

but while job excuting the local sricpts are running but the oracle database trasaction was running In the schecule run.

Error:  -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error:  12154 (2F7A)      Error string:  ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified        Error source:  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle      Help file:        Help context:  0      DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_2   DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1   DTSRun OnError:  DTSStep_DTSDataP...  Process Exit Code 3.  The step failed.

the sqlserver agent service account have admin (sys_admin) right is in domin.

could any one please suggist me how to resolve this issue.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:25 AM

All replies

• The Oracle Error code is describe below.  It is saying that the package could not connect to the server.

http://ora-12154.ora-code.com/

By the way, since you mention DTS:  What version of SQL Server are you running?  

One thing to know is that a DTS package run interactively runs with your permissions.   However, a scheduled job either runs as (depending on your version of SQL Server and the SQL Server service account, the SQL Agent account, or the SQL Agent proxy that you defined to run the job.  (If you are actually running SSIS, then the SQL Agent proxy will not be used because you are running a more current server version.)

Once you know what login runs the job, then you will know which permissions to adjust.

RLF

Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:00 PM