none
SQL Error 26 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Im getting this error and i tried everything!
    I can't connect to my database server Besides that sharepoint it not working becouse of the this.

Please help me

• Edited by adimoo Friday, January 20, 2012 12:18 PM
    Friday, January 20, 2012 12:15 PM

All replies

• This error occurred due to following possible reasons

1. SQL Server does not allow remote Connection

Solution:  Check the remote connection is enabled for instance.

Right Click on SQL server instance from SSMS  > Properties > Connections

Select allow remote connection to this server. Enter the maximum number of concurrent connection you want to allow (0 is for unlimited number of connection to server)

Click ok.

Also Make sure SQL Server Browser services is running

2. Firewall Settings

Your Firewall may not be turned off or no exception is handled.

SQL server is using UDP port 1434.  Consider the following steps to check which UDP port it is utilised by SQL server instances

Click on Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2008/R2 > Configuration Tools >  SQL Server Configuration Manager > SQL Server Network Configuration > Protocols for SERVERNAME

Right Click on TCP/IP from right hand pane  > Properties > Select IP Addresses from the Tab

Check that both systems are getting cross ping.

Click Start > Run > Type  Ping IP address of remote System

On system 1

Ping IP address of System 2

On system 2

Ping IP address of system 1

If both the systems are getting reply then it means there is no problem in network. Else check your antivirus firewall or disable antivirus for few minutes. Now if you still don’t get a reply then network has a problem. Else you will be able to connect to the remote server.

3 Same name conflict between two systems

There could be a same name conflict between two systems. Check that the remote machine name (you are trying to connect) is not same as your syetem’s name.

For Example

your systemname is Local

Remote System name is also Local

Or

Your system name is admin

Remote System name is also admin

If this is the case you will get error 26. This problem is due to same name conflict. Try to connect to remote system using IP Address. IP address of each system in network is always unique.

• Edited by chetan_SQL Friday, March 9, 2012 2:29 PM
    • Proposed as answer by chetan_SQL Friday, March 9, 2012 2:30 PM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 2:27 PM