Metro Tiles Disappear When Scrolling Screen to the Right

Question

• I have WDP8 installed in a HyperV virtual machine.  So far I'm very impressed as it appears to be quite stable and responsive, more so than XP or Windows 7 running in virtual mode on the same server.  I have run into an interesting problem, though.  When I scroll the screen to the right using either the mouse wheel or the scroll bar, the group of Metro App tiles that's furthest to the right disappears as soon as I start scrolling.  If I go the the desktop, then back to the start screen, the tiles appear again, until I scroll right again.

My screen resolution is 1920x1080.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm wondering if it has something to do with running in a virtual machine or is it some weird result of such a large screen resolution?

I have noticed that by clicking on the desktop where the tiles used to be, the tile below the mouse cursor reappears breifly.  If I drag the tile, the others appear breifly as well.  As soon as I let go of the tile I'm dragging, the whole group disappears again.

• Edited by MeritAlberta Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:04 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:23 AM

All replies

• If you lower your resolution, do you still get the same problem? I am not able to replicate that problem with lower resolutions. Does it work, if you change that?
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:47 AM
    Answerer