How to create a main executable as a menu to call up other executable? RRS feed

• Question

• User2126574471 posted

Hi guys,

I have a problem, recently I've created on mobile application. However, the exe file after deployed on a PDA phone is about 1.3MB and the loading speed of each form is rather slow.

I'm wondering whether it is feasible to split the whole program, which means making each of the main functions (I have 4 here) into individual executables (mobile applications) that can will launch upon calling from a main menu. I'm thinking of making login + menu as one Executable (which will act as the gateway), and display all the four functions you can call, upon tapping on the desired function, the respective executable will be launched.

I'm thinking of saving resources and speed up the loading time by doing the way as above. Does anyone has any idea on how to achieve that? Or you have a better alternative for me?

Was wondering whether I'm dreaming here >.<"

Thanks.

Regards,
    Jenson

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 2:50 AM

All replies

• User731069546 posted
    I think this is the wrong forum.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2007 10:48 AM
  • User2126574471 posted

Hi Bobbyz,

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum. Can the moderator or admin please kindly put my topic into the appropriate one?

BTW, what I'm coding now is an mobile application developed in VB 2005 with .NET Compact framework 2.0. Therefore, I create a new topic under this Mobile and Handheld forum.

Is anyone able to help me with the problems that I'm facing now? Bobbyz, any idea?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Jenson

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 10:05 PM
  • User731069546 posted
    Sorry Jenson, this is ASP.NET forum for the mobile stuff. You looking for help on device side apps which is totally different from ASP. Maybe someone can chime in with the right forum to ask your question.
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 6:15 PM
  • User2126574471 posted

Hi Bobbyz,

Sorry Bobbyz, No, I'm afraid that you misundertand what I'm trying to say, or I misunderstand what you are trying to tell me.

Actually, I'm asking on mobile application side. The device information is just for reference. What I'm really asking for is how can I start off with this kind of application where I can create a main mobile app which will monitor and control 4 other mobile app, which they are all within one mobile app before. I'm just trying to split them up from the ONE mobile app to MANY mobile app, so that I can use one MAIN mobile app to control them. I also wish to know whether this is possible.

Sorry if I confused you [:)]

Sunday, April 8, 2007 9:23 PM
  • User2126574471 posted
    Sorry guys if I have troubled you all a lot. Anyway, I would like to say thank you to Bobbyz too. Thanks for replying me. I've get the solution now. Thank you!
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:57 PM