Source code C# obfuscation RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for a tool or script/code that would rename all methods and properties in C# to names like method1, var1 etc. Also, all comments would need to be removed.

Is there such a tool or Visual Studio Add-in available?

(For those that will ask why I want to do that: I live in a real world, very competitive, and I need to put my code on company server, and then some lazy-stupid-programmers that work here just copy-paste parts of my solutions and claim the glory and credit and reputation and position in the team... )

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• 1 - you can use [Dotfuscator and Analytics]. thats installed with visual studio 2010/2012 - trial

2 - redgate smartassembly 
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:29 PM
  • There is one available with Visual studio, Dotfuscator

Go to Visual studio -> Visual studio tools -> Dotfuscator and Analystics

(By the way I am not sure you really have to keep your code safe from other guys in the company, also as a side note there are no tools which would make your code 100% secure, tools like Dotfuscator would only make it harder to de compile)

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:31 PM
  • I need to put my code on company server, and then some lazy-stupid-programmers that work here just copy-paste parts of my solutions and claim the glory and credit and reputation and position in the team...

Wow -- sounds like your organization has some bigger issues that technology alone won't be able to solve.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:49 PM
  •  

Thanks for the replies, but the main thing here was to obfuscate SOURCE CODE, that can be then shared as source and be part of the build process. For example, I am working on .dll, and only thing other need to know is nice public interface. All my internal classes and private methods can have any names. During coding, of curse, I use nice descriptive names, but once I am about to share dll, those names are of no ones concern. But, I of course, deliver source code. Tools like SmartAssembly will compile it into obfuscated .dll. I want to remove descriptive names from code and deliver source code that can be compiled.

The closest I have seen is http://downloads.zdnet.com/product/10250-75628585/ . Is there an oper source version?

Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:16 AM
  • Maybe you can consider using encypt to cope with the problem by encypting all of your source codes into DES or something related to that.

See this sample:

Microsoft .NET 中的简化加密

If you think one reply solves your problem, please mark it as An Answer, if you think someone's reply helps you, please mark it as a Proposed Answer

Help by clicking:
    Click here to donate your rice to the poor
    Click to Donate
    Click to feed Dogs & Cats

Found any spamming-senders? Please report at: Spam Report

• Marked as answer by Caillen Monday, October 7, 2013 1:55 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:29 AM