none
Manifest File issue

Question

• Hi All,

We have an application that needs to be run as Administrator and should not be started as non-Administrator.

We have manifest file which contains following lines:

<security> 
    <requestedPrivileges> 
    <requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false"> 
    </requestedExecutionLevel> 
    </requestedPrivileges> 
    </security> 

It is working fine. But our requirement is not only to stop  but also to throw an error message like " Access has been denied and Administrator privilege is required to resolve this problem"

Is it possible to make changes  in manifest file so that it displays the error message as mentioned above? If yes, what changes are required for the above manifest file.

Regards,

Vinay

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 11:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinay,

Based on your description, I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss:

Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

My understanding is that you want to output a specific error messages using the manifest file, am I right?

If so, which kind of app did you really create? Maybe we could get better response from the specific app developer forum for this issue. So please tell me the real development language and project type, I will provide useful information or provide the a more appropriate forum.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 20, 2015 7:54 AM