Problem while resetting my phone after it showed error during the OS preview for wp 8.1. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I was updating my Nokia Lumia 520 to windows phone 8.1 through developer preview but due to connectivity problem it showed there was error during the update. My phone memory was full and I tried to reset my phone to clear the space. But when I reset my phone it is not able to reset and shows ":-(" sign and again restarts the resetting but can never success the reset and I cannot login to my phone . Please help.
    Monday, April 14, 2014 10:15 PM

All replies

• Ashish,

This problem has definitely been cropping up (happened to me as well).  The below instructions "should" get you back to a working phone:

1. Turn your Lumia 520 off. (if you cannot turn it off manually, try unplugging the phone from any USB cable/charger and wait until it powers off by itself.  With the "Unhappy Face Blue Screen of Death", this will usually happen on its own after a few minutes, otherwise, you may have to wait until the battery runs down).

2. Press Volume DOWN and keep holding it down while you connect the charger until you see an exclamation mark!.

3. Press - in this order - Volume UP - Volume DOWN - POWER - VOLUME DOWN.

4. Your phone will reset and reboot. Reset could take a while, be patient.

This has worked for about 6 others that I know of so far.  Let us know if it gets you up and running as well.

Monday, April 14, 2014 11:35 PM
  • Hello Ashish Acharya,
    Thank you for reaching out to us for support.  I would recommend checking out this KB.

On that page I would suggest you review the "Recover your phone" section of the article to help you resolve your issue.

If you have any questions, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thank you,
    Eli A.

Windows Phone Support - Tech Lead

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:38 AM