none
The project file could not be loaded.

Question

• When I download sample files, unzip them, and try to load the .sln file in Visual Studio 2015 I get an error message that says :

C:\Users\Rod\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp7_dotnet462RS1.zip\Source\ndp\fx\src\Xml\System.Xml.csproj : error  : The project file could not be loaded. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Rod\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp7_dotnet462RS1.zip\Source\ndp\fx\src\Xml\System.Xml.csproj'.  C:\Users\Rod\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp7_dotnet462RS1.zip\Source\ndp\fx\src\Xml\System.Xml.csproj

The folder where I unzipped the downloaded file is not in the C:\Users\...  location.  Why does Visual Studio look there?  I've been able to unzip sample files, copy the unzipped files to \Visual Studio 2015\Projects, and the open the .sln file.  Is there a simpler approach?

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, January 29, 2017 5:44 PM

Answers

• Hi friend,

Welcome back to MSDN forum.

If you’ve extracted it correctly, by double-clicking .sln file could launch the application in visual studio.

Actually, the error simply means that the listed files are missing, which might be lost when you unzipped the file. You need to check your zip file and the unzip version if unzip version has all the files from zipped file.

Hope it’s helpful. And please feel free to mark any reply that helps resolve your doubts as answer. Thanks for your cooperation and support.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 3:31 AM