none
PIA help RRS feed

• Question

• Im trying to write my own ribbons for Word 2007 and Im assured that its easy to do.

But when I read pretty much every tutorial they say "go to the references, then click the .net TAB and choose the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word" assembly and click OK. But that isnt even in my references. I have even downloaded the PIA redistributable from the Microsoft site, I have installed the PIA's, I can see them in my GAC as the same name as I mentioned (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word). I have even run regasm.exe on the assembly in the GAC to try to get it to show in VS2005, but no luck yet.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help me out here...
    Thursday, January 18, 2007 3:42 AM

Answers

• You won't find it in the .NET tab; all Office applications will be in the COM tab of the References dialog box.

If the tutorial actually says the .NET tab, and the tutorial is on a microsoft site, could you please give me the URL (link) to the tutorial so that I can ask for it to be corrected?

Thursday, January 18, 2007 11:10 AM

All replies

• You won't find it in the .NET tab; all Office applications will be in the COM tab of the References dialog box.

If the tutorial actually says the .NET tab, and the tutorial is on a microsoft site, could you please give me the URL (link) to the tutorial so that I can ask for it to be corrected?

Thursday, January 18, 2007 11:10 AM
  • To clarify Cindy's response, you should be looking for "Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library" on the COM tab of the Add New Reference dialog box.

I hope this helps,

McLean Schofield

Thursday, January 18, 2007 5:09 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the replies guys.

That was the answer.

The tutorial was on a microsoft site but it was one of those streaming video tutorials that showed you how to customise the ribbon. I will try to find the URL but am having trouble at the moment.

Cheers
    Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:41 PM