Build stuck and can't be stopped. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I got a build that tried to queue on an agent where the machine had been removed but the agent was still listed in available agents. Now the build is stuck with the error: *Run On Agent (reserved build agent <Agent1>)

There was no endpoint listening at <TFS url> that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

Cannot stop the build. Details: Operation did not complete in 00:01:00. (After trying to stop the build)

The error I get when trying to stop the build is:

Team Foundation Error

TF215104: Failed to stop build 23649: it did not respond to a workflow cancellation request.

I can't remove the agent either because it has a build running on it.

Please advice.

Patrik

Friday, July 8, 2011 8:53 AM

Answers

• Hello Patrik,

Thanks for your post.

To deal with your issue, you need to first delete the queued builds and then remove the deleted build agent.

So, please follow the steps below:

1). Remove the queued build from database.

The queued builds data is stored in the dbo.tbl_BuildQueue table in the Tfs_CollectionName database. So you can select the appropriate data and delete it.

2). Delete the TFS build agent:

Please refer to this blog for further information:

http://sleepcanwait.blogspot.com/2010/07/cannot-remove-build-agent-from-build.html

Note: Usually we are not recommended to modify the data in the TFS databases directly. However, we sometime have to do it. When you do not get another proper solution for your issue, this workaround should work for you.

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 11, 2011 8:02 AM