How change/modified menu1? RRS feed

• Question

• User634154332 posted

Hi all...

i'm new in ASP.NET.Please guide me how to change menu1 as in picture.

as example how to change "item" word  to "product".Thank you

Monday, January 21, 2013 11:04 AM

All replies

• User-255593050 posted

Hi all...

i'm new in ASP.NET.Please guide me how to change menu1 as in picture.

as example how to change "item" word  to "product".Thank you

You can change the items in the menu by changing the Web.Sitemap file (contents shown below). You just need to change the url to point to the page you want, and change the title to the text you want on the menu and then give it a description. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0" >

<siteMapNode>

<siteMapNode url="~/Default.aspx" title="Home" description="Home Page"/>

<siteMapNode url="~/Products.aspx" title="Products" description="Products">

<siteMapNode url="~/ItemDetail.aspx" title="Item" description="Item"/>

</siteMapNode>

<siteMapNode url="~/People.aspx" title="People" description="About Our People"/>

<siteMapNode url="~/News.aspx" title="News" description="News About The Business"/>

<siteMapNode url="~/About.aspx" title="About" description="Business Overview"/>

<siteMapNode url="~/Contact.aspx" title="Contact" description="Contact Information"/>

<siteMapNode url="~/Testimonials.aspx" title="Testimonials" description="Customer's Opinions"/>

</siteMapNode>

</siteMap>

Hope that helps 

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:26 PM
  • User1483082898 posted

Actually, the line that was amended shoud include a slash at the end of it like this

<siteMapNode url="~/Products.aspx" title="Products" description="Products"/>

HTH

Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:22 AM
  • User-255593050 posted

No, you do not need a slash there.

Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:28 AM