BadgeLogo.png has an ABGR value at position (1, 3) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######)

Question

• I am currently working on an application with a light theme and white live tile.

BadgeLogo.png has an ABGR value at position (1, 3) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######)

Now I keep getting this error in windows app cert kit because my badge logo is a dark/black icon how can I fix this?

because when I make my badge logo white or transparent it wont be visible on my live tile.

Monday, March 24, 2014 11:02 PM

Answers

• the badge will be visible on the lockscreen. Not on your tile. So the badge only can contain transparent or white pixels. so wack is right.

The real badge that you get on the tile are predefinined. these badge you see next to the badge logo on the lockscreen

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:36 AM

All replies

• What image are you using? Can you share that image via OneDrive if it is not proprietary? Searching for similar posts gives the following link which might be useful: http://www.sadev.co.za/content/windows-store-app-development-snack-lock-screen-image-pain

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:57 AM
  • the badge will be visible on the lockscreen. Not on your tile. So the badge only can contain transparent or white pixels. so wack is right.

The real badge that you get on the tile are predefinined. these badge you see next to the badge logo on the lockscreen

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:36 AM
  • Thanks for this information Dave, you are right the logo in live tile is not the badge..
    misunderstanding on my side

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:54 PM