none
Data Sync logs not showing in Azure Portal RRS feed

• Question

• The Data sync Logs are no longer showing in the Azure Portal.  this started about a month ago.  Please help.   I opened a support ticket with Azure Support and they suggest the Logs Storage may have become full.

LAST SYNC
    12/30/2014 7:28:22 AM
    SYNC GROUP ID
    ac33f15d-40c7-4e11-9f8c-c840c8cd1732_East US
    SUBSCRIPTION NAME
    GEX-Azure-1
    SUBSCRIPTION ID
    653e04dd-c69f-4b16-8fd3-5efa954a6132
    CONFLICT RESOLUTION
    Hub Wins

James Glenn

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi James,

If there is on-premise database in the sync group,  you can use the following methods to check the log.

• Check the Event Log entries on the box where you installed the SQL Data Sync Agent.

Event Viewer->Applications and Services Logs->SQL Azure Data Sync Preview or Event Viewer->Applications and Services Logs->Data Sync Service

• Turning logging in verbose mode. Open LocalAgentHost.exe.config in notepad. This file should be present in your installation directory.

a) Uncomment the section that is currently commented < !-- < switches> < add name="SyncAgentTracer" value="4" /> < /switches> < trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4"> < listeners> < add name="myListener" type="Microsoft.SqlAzureDataSync.ClientLogging.DSSClientTraceListener, Microsoft.SqlAzureDataSync.ClientLogging, Version=2.0.0.0" initializeData="DSSAgentOutput.log" /> < remove name="Default" /> < /listeners> < /trace> -->

b) Stop and restart SQL Azure Data Sync Preview Windows Service. Now you would find the detailed logs in files named DSSAgentOutput*.log

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:18 AM
  • Lydia:

The Hub is located on Azure where we monitor the sync. My question is how do I get those back going?  the Azure Support rep indicated there might be a "log full" condition that can by cleared by your team

James Glenn

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:43 PM
  • Hi James,

We've just reset the status of your sync group from backend and you can try another sync now.

Root cause is in investigation. Will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Gary

Thursday, February 5, 2015 1:43 AM