none
Managed EWS call to get meeting attendee's status RRS feed

• Question

• After working with this example it seems clear that in order to get an attendee's status (accepted/declined) you need to query using the meeting organizer's credentials?

Within our application we would not know a users credentials but we do have them for the rooms that the meetings are book with (under location within the meeting).

So is there any way I can use a room's credentials to view an attendee's status?

As an example lets say I have 2 ppl (John and Jane) and 1 room (acme)

John invited Jane to the acme room today

Jane declined 

With the code from the example linked to above

// Check responses from required attendees.
    for (int i = 0; i < meeting.RequiredAttendees.Count; i++)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Required attendee - " + meeting.RequiredAttendees[i].Address + ": " + meeting.RequiredAttendees[i].ResponseType.Value.ToString());
    }

I have to authenticate using John's credentials in order to see that Jane Declined.  

My application has neither of their credentials so I need to use acme's credentials to login and see the status.  

When trying the above example with the room's credentials the status is "Unknown"

• Edited by owen gerig Friday, June 28, 2013 9:14 PM
    Friday, June 28, 2013 9:08 PM

Answers

• I solved this by setting the DevAdmin (local admin account) Impersonation Rights

with that set I was able to impersonate any user without knowing their credentials and inserting this line of code

service.ImpersonatedUserId = new ImpersonatedUserId(
            ConnectingIdType.SmtpAddress,
            "userToImpersonate@domain.com");

• Marked as answer by owen gerig Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:35 AM
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:35 AM