Trying to access my storage account errors with "Access to the resource is forbidden" RRS feed

• Question

• I only noticed it today. Trying to access my storage account through Excel (power query) or Power BI Designer both deliver the error "Access to the resource is forbidden" - a connection previously made all of a sudden stopped working too with the same error. What has changed, how do I urgently correct this?

I enter my storage account name >

Prompted for a key, enter the primary access key from the Azure portal >

Error!!!

'If this was helpful, please mark and an answer or as being helpful'

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 4:51 AM

Answers

• SOLUTION to the "Access to the resource is forbidden" error when accessing the Azure Storage Account through Power BI:

It turns out this had to do with my date time settings on my computer (Surface 3 pro) which got messed up during a recent trip to the US. After manually correcting my date time settings, I could start accessing the Azure Store Account error free. 

Etienne Oosthuysen

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:57 AM

All replies

• SOLUTION to the "Access to the resource is forbidden" error when accessing the Azure Storage Account through Power BI:

It turns out this had to do with my date time settings on my computer (Surface 3 pro) which got messed up during a recent trip to the US. After manually correcting my date time settings, I could start accessing the Azure Store Account error free. 

Etienne Oosthuysen

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:57 AM
  • Also worked for me using azure table storage account (on MACBOOK booted in windows 10). THANKS!
    Monday, October 23, 2017 10:39 AM