GSM Device locked every time RRS feed

• Question

• After the slate wakeup I have to reenter the sim unlock code to get connected to my wireless provider (O2 Germany). Is there some way to "store" the unlock code?

Seems on my ATT sim I never had to enter the unlock code - unfortunately the sim is not working in Germany...

Friday, September 23, 2011 10:57 AM

Answers

• You can disable the sim pin-code by putting the sim-card into your phone and disable the pin via the menus of your phone. After this you can insert the sim-card into the tablet again and you wont be prompted to enter the code.
    • Marked as answer by Tamlocar Friday, September 23, 2011 6:05 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 1:20 PM
  • If you right click on the Mobile Broadband connection in the Network connection dialog, and select properties, a mobile broadband properties dialog will be opened. Under the security tab there is an option to disable the Pin.

• Marked as answer by Tamlocar Friday, September 23, 2011 6:06 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 5:55 PM

All replies

• You can disable the sim pin-code by putting the sim-card into your phone and disable the pin via the menus of your phone. After this you can insert the sim-card into the tablet again and you wont be prompted to enter the code.
    • Marked as answer by Tamlocar Friday, September 23, 2011 6:05 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 1:20 PM
  • If you right click on the Mobile Broadband connection in the Network connection dialog, and select properties, a mobile broadband properties dialog will be opened. Under the security tab there is an option to disable the Pin.

• Marked as answer by Tamlocar Friday, September 23, 2011 6:06 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 5:55 PM
  • Great thanks. I used the Phone method. Was just some searching in my WP7 where to disable the PIN :)
    Friday, September 23, 2011 6:07 PM