none
Trouble Installing VSTO Outlook 2007 using VS 2010 on Win7 64bit OS RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am having trouble debugging why I cannot get my outlook addin to function correctly on the Win7 platform.  I installed it on a XP 32 bit machine with no issues.  However, when I attempt on the following platform i have issues.

VS 2010 project:  .NET 4.0 and tried compiling against both 64 & 32 bit platforms as well as ANY CPU

The Office 2007 version installed on the Win 7 64bit workstation is 32 bit. (i know...but that is what i have to work with)

The Windows Installer installs correctly with no errors into the c:program files (x86) folder along with the VSTO and Manifest.  I am fairly confident i have all the correct registry settings for Outlook 2007.  The VSTO installer runs through without error and when i open outlook my addin is disabled and just says "UnLoaded" rather that a normal COM error that I have seen in the past.  So the reg settings are being picked up correctly and Outlook is looking in the right location BUT the addin will not load. 

Does anyone have any tips to assist me with debugging or possible solutions.  I have tried running the VSTO directly in the past and that is how i have been able to work through errors but this time the VSTO executes without issue and I need guidance on how to properly debug this.

Thanks,

Terry

Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:56 PM