ValidationService RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to replace the ValidationService in a rehosted environment?
    Monday, January 11, 2010 3:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Jariza,

You can do that by using the extensibility point in the rehosted environment to change the ActivityValidationSettings.

There is no specific sample that shows this, but the following Beta 2 samples will give you an idea about how to do this:

\WF\Basic\DesignerRehosting\Basic

\WF\Basic\Validation\ExternalActivityValidation

You can download the Beta 2 samples from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=35ec8682-d5fd-4bc3-a51a-d8ad115a8792&displaylang=en

Hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by Amadeo Casas - MSFT Monday, January 11, 2010 7:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by jariza Monday, January 11, 2010 10:32 PM
    Monday, January 11, 2010 7:03 PM
  • That will do it, thanks.
    In the meantime I tried to mimic the same approach they had in WF3. I manually added a cs file with the same name and a partial class, so it merged the xaml definition with the code in my override of CacheMetada, and that did it too, but I'm not sure if that will be supported in the RTM release.
    I haven't seen any activity in WF4 splitted into a xaml and a cs file. I'm trying to hold on my xaml-only activities for better versioning support.

I guess that, in order to use your recomendation, I will need to implement a IValidationErrorService, and merge the results from the designer with my results using a separate call to ValidateActivity and using my configured instance of ActivityValidationSettings.
    Monday, January 11, 2010 10:55 PM