none
Setting SharePoint library folder user permissions with VBA from EXCEL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am troubled with VBA code that would deal with next questions. I am unable to find solution to this problem literally anywhere. I am succesfully creating multiple level folders in a SharePoint library and adding files into them, but am unable to set user permissions.

I have found next:

Folders when created will always inherit their permissions from the Folder or Library that they are in.  There is no way to setup default permissions on a folder when it is created.  Nor is there anyway to automatically break inheritance and force the user to choose.  This would require some kind of custom programming (Paul Stork).

Using cacls doen's work since the Cacls command can be run only on disk drives that use the NTFS file system.

So questions are:

Q1: How do I remove all inherited permissions on newly created folder with VBA from Excel?

Q2: How do I set up a unique (single user) permission on a SharePoint library folder with VBA from Excel, lets say for read only or any other type of permission?

thanks for any hints!!!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hi kolovrat99,

According to your description, this issue is more related to VBA, we will move it to VBA forum for better solutions.

Best Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:37 AM
  • Hello,

I have the same question... Have you found how to set sharepoint permissions from VBA?

thx...d.

Monday, October 23, 2017 11:31 AM