none
"List Does Not Exist" error when adding documents/items to lists that exist. RRS feed

• Question

• I am an IT department intern for a company and the Network Admin has me working on their sharepoint website. He wanted me to duplicate their Sharepoint 2007 site on Sharepoint 2010. It's not a huge nor complicated site, so it should have been easy, if the thing would work!

The website has several subsites that usually have an "Announcements", "Links", and "Documents" list on them. Everything worked fine on the homepage. I was able to create the lists and add all the documents to them. However, when I try to make lists on the other sites I run into problems. If I go to Site Actions > more Options and create a custom list on a subsite, when I try to add a web part its not there (the list does show up on the home page though if I try to add a web part there). When the Admin did it, it worked though so that kind of stumped us. I ended up just adding the "Documents" list web part to all the pages that needed them, but I cannot add documents to them. Also, the admin created some lists and added them to a subsite for me as well, but I still cannot add documents to them either and on both I get the error mesage: 

"Error
    List does not exist.

The page you selected contains a list that does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user. "

Is there anything I can do to fix this (I have full control, but not an Admin) or does the Admin have to do it? What can be done?

Thanks

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:09 PM 1. Never shout in Titles. 2. Make Titles impersonal. (Removed and done)
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:10 PM SP 2010 questions go ONLY to SP 2010 forums. (and where is the workflow question in this post in any case?) (From:SharePoint - Workflow (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:36 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the suggestion, but our problem was solved with Alternate Access Mappings.
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:43 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your description is not quite clear.

Based on "List Does Not Exist", there are two impossible reasons: "it does not exist" and "you has not enough permissions for it".

Please check your every level permissions in the sites.

Regards,

Seven

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:06 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but our problem was solved with Alternate Access Mappings.
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:43 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 5:58 PM