InstallShield LE project in an SLN prevents VS2012RC from debugging other program(s)

Question

• I have a VS2012RC SLN which consists of several projects : C# WPF, C# Windows Style, InstallShield LE.

When i tried to debug those C# programs by pressing F5 or F10, VS2012RC always pops up an error message "Not Implemented (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004001 (E_NOTIMPL))". Pressing F6 (build) got same error message too.

If the the InstallShield LE project is removed from the solution, i can debug/build those C# programs without any problem. Is it a known defect?

Thanks,

Edward

spider

Friday, August 10, 2012 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Edward,

what is the startup project for your solution i.e. go to solution explorer, click on the solution node, in the properties window, property: Startup project?  Is it the C# program or the InstallShield LE project? If it is the InstallShield LE project, if you change the startup project to the C# project (right click on the project and select set as startup project), do you still see the E_NOTIMPL hresult?

thanks!

mike

Friday, August 10, 2012 8:41 PM
  • Hi Mike,

The start up project is the C# program. No matter which C# program was selected as the startup project, F5/F6/F10 always brings the E_NOTIMPL message unitl i remove the IS LE project from the solution.

Thanks,

Edward

spider

Saturday, August 11, 2012 12:07 AM