VS 2012 upgrade to cpt4 - Application.Server.dll Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I upgraded my project from vs 2012 to cpt4 version. Now I have an error: Cannot copy ...\Release\Application.Server.dll

I use following extensions in my project:

Devexpress.XtraReports.v12.2.Lightswitch

Luminous Controls

Pixata Custom Controls for Lightswitch

Office Integration Pack

Maybe the extensions are the problem?

Thanks.

Markus

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I found a thread about this error. The ls team know the error and will fix the error in the final release.

Markus

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 29, 2013 7:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dragonalw Monday, April 1, 2013 10:37 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Markus,

Sorry that you are having difficulty with your upgrade. When is it giving you this error? Is that the full error message and does the Application.Server.dll exist in your release folder?

-Pierson

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:16 PM
  • Hi,

thanks for the fast answer. I have copied the application.server.dll from the 2012 project. I did a copy before upgrade. Now this works.

But I have a problem with this line of code: 

Me.Arbeit_Brutto_saved = Decimal.Round(Me.arbeit_netto * 1.2, 2)

In 2012 it worked without a problem, but now I get an error.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:40 PM
  • Hi Markus,

The reason why I ask is that you probably need to do a release build first to get that file where it needs to be. I think it would be different from 2012 to CTP4.

What is the error you are getting with the rounding?

-Pierson

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:45 PM
  • Hi,

how can I do a release build?

Now I added a html client to the project and I got the following error:

Error	2	Could not copy the file "C:\Users\Markus\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\AHS-SOFTWARE - 2012 - neues Dx\Werkstatt\Autohaus Wolf Software.HTMLClient\bin\Release\Generated\generatedAssets.js" because it was not found.	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\LightSwitch\v3.0\Microsoft.LightSwitch.targets	108	6	Autohaus Wolf Software

and another very long error...

If I click the publish button i get the error: The method or operation is not implemented.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:20 PM
  • Was this a machine that you had Preview 2 of the HTML Client on previously?  If so, did you follow the steps here:

Important! Upgrading from Preview 2 to CTP

If you didn't, you'll need to follow the steps in this post:

Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 CTP4 does not allow to create a LightSwitch HTML App

If you did follow the steps, can you check your .ls3proj and verify that the LightSwitchProjectVersion value is 3.1?

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:38 AM
  • Hi,

I installed Windows 8 on the machine, there was no visual studio installed before.

If I create a new project I am able to build and publish the project without any problem.

Thanks.

Markus

Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:35 PM
  • Are you using the LightSwitch settings for VS?  If so, switch to the "General Settings".  This will make the build Configuration show up in the top toolbar.  Try building both Debug & Release and see what errors you get (I would expect that you'd get a different set of errors).

If you create a new project that includes all the extensions that you listed in the original post, does that project still build ok?

Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:54 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem in debug and release configuration. If I upgrade the project to ctp4, the application.server.dll is missing.

I created a new project included all extensions and build the project without any problems.

Thanks.

Markus

Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:18 PM
  • If you turn up your MSBuild verbosity and send me the output I will take a look to see if I can figure anything out.  To do this:

Tools >> Options
    (If you see a checkbox named "Show all settings" make sure it's checked)
    Go to Projects and Solutions >> Build and Run
    Change "MSBuild project build output verbostity" to "Diagnostic"

Do a rebuild
    Copy the contents of the "Output" window to a file and email me the file

david (dot) kidder (at) microsoft (dot) com

Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:55 PM
  • Hi,

thanks. I have send it, but the file has 10 Mb ...

Thanks.

Markus

Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:01 PM
  • Hi,

maybe I have made a failure something else?

I installed the VS2012.2 CTP.exe from the download site and nothing else. I opened the vs 2012 project, rebuild the project, started debugging without any problem.

After this I right click on the project and clicked upgrade.

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Markus

Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:40 PM
  • When you install the CTP, and then you open the project, it should have forced you into an upgrade already. You shouldn't have to have right clicked -> Upgrade to get it to upgrade.

Can you look in your folder and see if you have the backup the upgrade made? Also, can you send the upgrade logs?

Thanks

Pierson

Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:37 PM
  • That is not correct.  This was a VS 2012 v2 Silverlight project that he is upgrading to a v3 Silverlight project.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:40 PM
  • Hi,

now I tried to reinstall ctp, but now I got an error when starting visual studio.

I am going to install visual studio and ctp4 again.

Should I delete any folders or something else too?

Thanks.

Markus

Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:35 PM
  • Hi,

with the help from dave, I found that devexpress extension is the problem. So I deleted all things from devexpress in my project. After this rebuilding was no problem.

So I tried to add the html client. After rebuilding I have two errors:

Error 56 The "LSResourceGeneratorsTask" task failed unexpectedly.
    System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
       at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.AssemblyCatalog.get_InnerCatalog()
       at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.AssemblyCatalog.GetEnumerator()
       at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.ComposablePartCatalogCollection.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Add>b__0()
       at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
       at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
       at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
       at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.ComposablePartCatalogCollection.RaiseChangingEvent(Lazy`1 addedDefinitions, Lazy`1 removedDefinitions, AtomicComposition atomicComposition)
       at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.ComposablePartCatalogCollection.Add(ComposablePartCatalog item)
       at Microsoft.LightSwitch.BuildTasks.Common.CommandLineBuildContainerFactory.AddAssemblyToGlobalCatalog(String assemblyPath, AggregateCatalog aggregateCatalog)
       at Microsoft.LightSwitch.BuildTasks.Common.CommandLineBuildContainerFactory.LoadExtensions(IList`1 extensions, String rootProjectFile, AggregateCatalog aggregateCatalog)
       at Microsoft.LightSwitch.BuildTasks.Common.CommandLineBuildContainerFactory.Create(IEnumerable`1 inputStreams, IEnumerable`1 serviceStreams, String projectPath, IEnumerable`1 externalDataSources)
       at Microsoft.LightSwitch.BuildTasks.Common.BuildTaskBase.EnsureCommandLineBuildContainer()
       at Microsoft.LightSwitch.BuildTasks.CodeGen.LSGeneratorsTask.RunGeneratorsInNonIdeScenario()
       at Microsoft.LightSwitch.BuildTasks.CodeGen.LSGeneratorsTask.Execute()
       at Microsoft.LightSwitch.BuildTasks.CodeGen.LSResourceGeneratorsTask.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__20.MoveNext() C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\LightSwitch\v3.0\Microsoft.LightSwitch.Build.Tasks.targets 208 5 Autohaus Wolf Software.HTMLClient2

and Error 2:

Error 57 Could not copy the file "C:\Users\Markus\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\AHS-SOFTWARE - 2012 - neues Dx\Werkstatt\Autohaus Wolf Software.HTMLClient2\bin\Debug\Generated\generatedAssets.js" because it was not found. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\LightSwitch\v3.0\Microsoft.LightSwitch.targets 108 6 Autohaus Wolf Software

I do not know what the problem is and how to find it.

Thanks.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

I found a thread about this error. The ls team know the error and will fix the error in the final release.

Markus

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 29, 2013 7:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dragonalw Monday, April 1, 2013 10:37 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 8:11 AM
  • Hello

Isolvedonlyby replacing theManifestCacheof
    C:\ Users\dsanchez\AppData\ Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\ 11.0
    bythe one in
    C:\ Users\dsanchez\AppData\ Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.3

That was all

blessings

Friday, July 19, 2013 7:41 PM