what is runtime mode? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1008348326 posted

Hi,

i changed the extention (.accdb) to .accdr of a database file, containing some tables, queries, forms, reports, macros and modules. When i start it, i come into the Access environment, but there is nothing to see, nothing to do: no menu bars, no tables ...

So, what's the meaning of runtime mode? Why do i see nothing?

Thanks for explanation

Luc

Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:19 PM

Answers

• User-158764254 posted

in order for a runtime version of an access database to show you anything at startup, an access developer would need to have coded it with a startup form and/or menus etc...  in runtime mode you would no longer be able to alter things like tables/queries/forms/reports etc...

if you're just using the access db to hold data for an asp.net app, runtime mode isn't needed.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 6:19 PM

All replies

• User-158764254 posted

in order for a runtime version of an access database to show you anything at startup, an access developer would need to have coded it with a startup form and/or menus etc...  in runtime mode you would no longer be able to alter things like tables/queries/forms/reports etc...

if you're just using the access db to hold data for an asp.net app, runtime mode isn't needed.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 6:19 PM
  • User-1008348326 posted

thanks 

Sunday, August 15, 2010 3:49 AM