ASDK: Tenant user cannot create MySQL database (PaaS) RRS feed

• Question

• I've deployed MySQL RP and created a SKU with a couple of hosting servers.  I made this MySQL DB service available by creating a plan and an offer.   

Azure Stack operator is able to create MySQL database from admin portal, but tenants cannot create one from user portal with the message as attached. 

Am I missing something to make MySQL database available for tenants?  I’ve waited

more than an hour (it’s been more like a couple days).  Any suggestions would be appreciated! 

I'm using ASDK 20180302.1, and Bitnami MySQL image downloaded from Marketplace for hosting servers.

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:37 PM

Answers

• I just figured out to make MySQL service usable for tenant.  I created a brand new plan and offer including MySQL service.  After a tenant signed up to this new offer, it can create MySQL database.  Somehow ASDK does not like MySQL services added as an add-on to an existing offer... (?)   
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 5:37 PM
  • Hello YukakoE,

There is an issue with adding MySQL services as an add-on to an existing offer in the ASDK.

I was able to repro the Tenant DB creation failure in my environment. 

This will be fixed in the next iteration of the MySQL RP.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, April 12, 2018 4:59 PM

All replies

• If you haven’t checked this already, you may refresh or re-login to the Portal and check.  

Ensure that you have added the Microsoft.MySqlAdapter service as mentioned in the document Make MySQL databases available to tenants and see if that helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:55 AM
  • Hi Ajay,

Thank you for your suggestion.  Yes, I've refreshed the portal, re-login, etc., but it hasn't changed the behavior.  The Microsoft.MySqlAdapter service had been added as an add-on plan to an offer, so a tenant can choose MySQL database, but the tenant will get the portal message as shown above image.  Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. 

PS  I've made SQL (not MySQL though) service available to tenants with previous ASDK build, so I think I understand the overall process to make MySQL service available, although there are some differences... 

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:55 PM
  • I just figured out to make MySQL service usable for tenant.  I created a brand new plan and offer including MySQL service.  After a tenant signed up to this new offer, it can create MySQL database.  Somehow ASDK does not like MySQL services added as an add-on to an existing offer... (?)   
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 5:37 PM
  • Hello,

I’ve been trying to repro this in my lab. Glad you figured it out.

I’ll try to repro adding MySQL as an addon and see if I get the same failure.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 5:53 PM
  • Thank you Gary for following up!  I hope you can repro it.  Just in case, here is the offer structure that I had this problem with. 

Offer1

Base Plan:  PlanA (Compute, KeyVault, Network, Storage)

Add-on Plan:  PlanB (MySQLAdapter)

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:28 PM
  • Hello YukakoE,

There is an issue with adding MySQL services as an add-on to an existing offer in the ASDK.

I was able to repro the Tenant DB creation failure in my environment. 

This will be fixed in the next iteration of the MySQL RP.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, April 12, 2018 4:59 PM