Product Licencing RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

I am devloping product in layered architecture (4 layer). I need to integrate licencing for the product. My scenarios are

1. The prodcut support multiple Industries. Based on the licence key industry type automatically updated

2. Based on the updated 'industry type' some particulaer modules or functions not enabled and other functions need to enable

Can anyone give an idea or any usefule articles related to this?

• Moved by Leo Liu - MSFT Monday, October 17, 2011 2:10 AM Off-Topic (From:Visual C# General)
    • Changed type akhilrajau Monday, October 17, 2011 2:51 AM general
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 4:05 AM

All replies

• Licensing and trial versions of C# apps - discuss.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?dotnet.12.585863.12

How to: License Components and Controls - msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fe8b1eh9(v=VS.100).aspx

Shareware Starter Kit - msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/Aa718342.aspx

How can I create a Product Key for my C# App - stackoverflow.com/questions/453030/how-can-i-create-a-product-key-for-my-c-app
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 6:03 AM
  • Hi akhilrajau,

What is your application type? WinForm or WPF?
    By the way, how is it going with our friends' suggestions?

Have a nice day,
    Leo Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:11 AM
  • My application have multiple UI types. Basically Web, Windows Service, and Silverlight sometime Windows Applciation also. I reated using layered Solution Guide. Yes i am reading that articles too. Actuall my idea is to create setup project for this by customising setup project type.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:38 AM
  • Hey Akhil once we have implemented this in our software which had four modules.

Any user can pay for either 1,2,3 or all modules.

So there was a supportive db which contains a table ( also other supportive tables) which has name of these modules name and values either to install it or not. Here we set that db manually but you can set on the basis of the key.

And we installed only those modules which are selected by user(paid for which).

It was a good implementation at that time and still it is working fine ( I do not know it was perfect or not for you app or either it works for your application or not  but i am sharing my experience of this.)

Thanks

Want to add MVP with my name.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:45 AM
  • thanks friend same for me also some module for some client only. In my case i have same applciation for multiple industries. Based on the licence i need o finc out the industry type and install the modules applicable for that industry. Also some client need custom module that also need to install besed the client licence.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:52 AM
  • Hi akhilrajau,

Your requirement is so overbroad, could you come back with some specific issues or problems for our experts here to help resolve?
    Or please change the type of your thread to "discussion"?
    In addition, I think you may get some dedicated instructions in the ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects Forum.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice day,

Leo Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:06 AM
  • I changed to discussion thanks.

My product is general one with multiple UI. Based on the serial key some mosules may not installed. Any way core musles must be installed all cased. Some optional modules (may be specific pages also) may not be install based on the serial key. How can i achive this? I didnt provide multiple edition for the product.. i think you people get my scenario

Monday, October 17, 2011 2:59 AM