how do i manage the connection object from center RRS feed

• Question

• User-1674296013 posted

hi I am using the "Application Name=MyAppName;" at connection string ,when I query the SELECT PROGRAM_NAME from sys.sysprocesses

its return more than row ,normally its return single row , hod do i manage.

Saturday, January 9, 2021 6:50 PM

All replies

• User1120430333 posted

You need to be showing some code. How does anyone actually know what you are talking about?

Sunday, January 10, 2021 3:13 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

The pseudo table is a list of all processes. If the client don’t have enough permission, they only see there own processes. If you want the process list tied to your current connection (though the app be be using pooling and have more than one) just filter by spid. Then limit to one row

select name from sys.sysprocesses where spid = @@spid fetch first 1 row only

Sunday, January 10, 2021 4:55 PM
  • User-1674296013 posted

bruce (sqlwork.com)

The pseudo table is a list of all processes. If the client don’t have enough permission, they only see there own processes. If you want the process list tied to your current connection (though the app be be using pooling and have more than one) just filter by spid. Then limit to one row

select name from sys.sysprocesses where spid = @@spid fetch first 1 row only

hi , I already manage using sql query such as DISTINCT or GROUP BY

But I want to manage with connection object ,so I review some professional ERP program and query to sys.sysprocesses and than its seems single row , so  I want to manage on single connection object , also my structure like below

public SqlConnection GetConnection()
    {
      var con=new SqlConnection(connectionstring)
      return con;
    }

public void Do1()
    {
      var con=GetConnection();
      con.Open();
      //ExecuteCommand
      con.Close();
    }

public void Do2()
    {
      var con=GetConnection();
      con.Open();
      //ExecuteCommand
      con.Close();
    }

public void Do3()
    {
      var con=GetConnection();
      con.Open();
      //ExecuteCommand
      con.Close();
    }

Call Do1() with btnDo1
    Call Do2() with btnDo2
    Call Do3() with btnDo3

after do that ,when I query SELECT PROGRAM_NAME FROM sys.sysprocesses WHERE PROGRAM_NAME='MyAppName'

its seems like below.

MyAppName
    MyAppName
    MyAppName

Sunday, January 10, 2021 7:57 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

as I said thats correct. there is a row for every connection (client and server). your connection permission controls whether all are returned, or only the ones for the same user as the connection.

the result of you query shows there are 3 connection using the application name 'MyAppName'

if you displayed the spid you could use the spid to get more info about the connection.

note: with asp.net core you should be using the async versions of sql library call

Sunday, January 10, 2021 8:24 PM
  • User-1674296013 posted

as I said thats correct. there is a row for every connection (client and server). your connection permission controls whether all are returned, or only the ones for the same user as the connection.

the result of you query shows there are 3 connection using the application name 'MyAppName'

if you displayed the spid you could use the spid to get more info about the connection.

note: with asp.net core you should be using the async versions of sql library call

hi,

I am testing a popular ERP program such as SAP and I clicked more than 10 buttons ,each button doing different task ,

after do this,its return single row when i query to PROGRAM_NAME on sys.sysprocess 

Note :I know async ,I just want to give you a little demo

Sunday, January 10, 2021 8:38 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

The program (SAP) you ran only opened one connection, your code opened 3. (Probably used connection pooling)

Monday, January 11, 2021 3:41 PM