none
No storage account to export database

Question

•  Please, why the "sinistro" storage account does not appears as an option to export my database? It used to work

mglauco

Sunday, February 26, 2017 10:54 PM

Answers

• I notice one of the differences between the working storage account and the non-working one is "sinistro" is a blobStorage while others are just "general purpose" storage account. So I created a new "general purpose" storage account and it worked.

mglauco

Thursday, March 2, 2017 6:05 PM

All replies

• The missing storage account is a cool storage account, I don't believe this is supported for exporting BACPAC files.

Sam Cogan Microsoft Azure MVP
    Blog | Twitter

Monday, February 27, 2017 9:41 AM
  • Thank you Sam, but thats not the case. I exported bacpacs to this account successfully for months. Last week the option just disappeared. I tried everything including creating a new account. Both does not appear as an option to export.

mglauco

Monday, February 27, 2017 11:46 AM
  • Yep you are correct, I have just tested and you can export BACPAC to cool storage, so please ignore that suggestion.

Just to check, the subscription you have selected in the drop down is the one with the storage account, you don't have two subscriptions called "Pay A You Go"?

Assuming that is not the case and you have permission to these storage accounts, then they should be available to you. You might need to raise a support request.

Blog | Twitter

Monday, February 27, 2017 12:03 PM
  • Only one subscription  Pay As You Go". Export option is critical to my operation and system and I am stucked now.

mglauco

Monday, February 27, 2017 7:31 PM
  • Ok, well as I mentioned, you need to raise a support request through the Azure portal as this does not appear to be behaving correctly.

Blog | Twitter

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:42 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 11:18 PM
  • Have you had any success finding an answer to your question?  I have the same issue as you do. One subscription, same resource group, storage account is not a premium account, and it does not show when I attempt to export.  Was working about a month ago, and no changes have been made, but now it does not.

Than

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:37 PM
  • Not yet. Just asked to @AzureSupport if I need to pay (upgrade to a US$ 300.00/month support plan) to get help. hope not...but if yes...it's like saying, "Amazon RDS is always there..."

mglauco

Thursday, March 2, 2017 1:13 PM
  • I notice one of the differences between the working storage account and the non-working one is "sinistro" is a blobStorage while others are just "general purpose" storage account. So I created a new "general purpose" storage account and it worked.

mglauco

Thursday, March 2, 2017 6:05 PM
  • The reason it is a "blob" storage account is because it is cool storage, which only supports blobs.

Blog | Twitter

Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:06 PM