none
Access 2013 App for SharePoint on Mobile Phone RRS feed

• Question

• If I create an Access app for SharePoint in Access 2013 can it be accessed by mobile phone fully functional?  I am finding some information alluding to the answer but not exactly clear if another language is need to make the Access app fully accessible to mobile phone users on Windows, Android and iOS platforms.  Is it necessary to have SharePoint 2013 installed or will SharePoint 2010 allow Access apps to work on mobile devices?
    Monday, January 19, 2015 9:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Kay_some,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

Based on my understanding, we can publish the Access 2013 web apps to any SharePoint 2013 site( SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint online).

If you choose to publish to SharePoint 2013, we need to have a SharePoint 2013 site our self. The recommend way is using SharePoint online which is include in the Office 365 Small Business Premium and Office 365 Enterprise plans. Then you don't need to install the SharePoint.  

And Access web apps work in all major browsers, so whether you prefer Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari, you can still get to your data.

>>will SharePoint 2010 allow Access apps to work on mobile devices<<

Yes, if you have the browser supported by Access 2013 apps on the device.

You can get more detail from link blow:
    Get started with Access 2013 Web Apps

How to: Create and customize a web app in Access 2013

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Kay_some,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

Based on my understanding, we can publish the Access 2013 web apps to any SharePoint 2013 site( SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint online).

If you choose to publish to SharePoint 2013, we need to have a SharePoint 2013 site our self. The recommend way is using SharePoint online which is include in the Office 365 Small Business Premium and Office 365 Enterprise plans. Then you don't need to install the SharePoint.  

And Access web apps work in all major browsers, so whether you prefer Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari, you can still get to your data.

>>will SharePoint 2010 allow Access apps to work on mobile devices<<

Yes, if you have the browser supported by Access 2013 apps on the device.

You can get more detail from link blow:
    Get started with Access 2013 Web Apps

How to: Create and customize a web app in Access 2013

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:56 AM
  • You can run an access web app in any browser and even authenticate a user by form based authentication. But the app will be totally useless on a mobile device. Any macro that will address a keyboard input enabled form control will make the screen keyboard go up and down. That's already desastrous but - to top it off - the keyboard will leave a grey area that's not refreshed again on the screen after going down.  Above that, the form is moved to center the addressed control (again, this is just by executing macro code, not by actually landing on the control involved). The other big problem on mobile devices is, that a popup screen (which is modal) jumps all over the screen on any screen tap or mouse click. It just shifts half or more from the screen for no reason at all. This happens on non mobile browsers as well but is the most annoying on mobiles.

I've reported these problems over and over, but no one seems to bother. I've a complete list on stupidity in Access Web Apps, but these two above concern mobiles.

Monday, February 9, 2015 10:38 AM