Images from a service not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

I've got a service running on a server which takes a list of directories (well, paths to images including file names and extensions) and should return images. When I've been testing it, I've been running it on my local machine and I've put the same images in the same folders on this machine as would be seen on the server (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\TempImages in both cases). This works okay locally and a list is returned which contains the loaded images. When running this on the remote machine, however, it does not work.

The 'completed' function which runs on the client (which should receive the list of image data) is called, but the event args has an error, which is as follows:

An error occurred while trying to make a request to URI 'http://localhost:6826/Services/HVServerAccess.svc'. This could be due to attempting to access a server in a cross-domain way without a proper cross-domain policy in place, or a policy that is uinsuitable for SOAP services. You may need to contact the owner of the service to publish a cross-domain policy file and to ensure it allows SOAP-related HTTP headers to be sent. This error may also be caused by using internal types in the web service proxy without using the InternalsVisibleToAttribute. Please see the innser exception for more details.

Any thoughts?

Friday, August 19, 2011 4:50 AM

Answers