none
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
     I have created a WCF Project  in .NET 4.0  to send emails from Outlook 2010.
    When i debug the  WCF Project in Visual studio environment it works fine.
    But when i  published in IIS web server 7.5 and Create a Virtual directory and run it gives the following error. 
    Error in image...
    help me...

................. Thanks & Regards, Yogesh Sharma
    • Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Wednesday, January 18, 2012 1:37 PM not using VSTO technology (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Outlook, just like any other Office app, cannot be used from a service (such as IIS).

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.2 is now available!
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 1:59 PM
  • If you really want to send mails from aps.net/iis, try to use MailMessage/SmtpClient classes (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.mail.mailmessage.aspx)
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:42 AM
  • hi DamianD,

I want to send mail from asp.net using Outlook.

................. Thanks & Regards, Yogesh Sharma
    Friday, January 20, 2012 7:07 AM
  • You cannot do that - Outlook cannot be used from a service (IIS).

Are you sending through Exchange? You should be able to use CDO 1.21 or Redemption (they can be used fro ma service).

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.2 is now available!
    Friday, January 20, 2012 7:10 AM
  • what exactly are you longing for that you want to use outlook? default signature? message headers? you can do this yourself or use tools Dimitry listed above.
    Friday, January 20, 2012 10:11 AM
  • Hello,

Can we get a distribution Address list from client's outlook from asp.net which is hosted on IIS ?

I tried but it is working perfect in debug mode and when i hosted in IIS it is giving error Access Denied. Can we do this or is there any alternate process to follow?

Please suggest me..

Thanks in Advance..

Ramanaidu

Friday, September 6, 2013 5:44 AM
  • As Dmitry repeated a few times, you cannot use the Outlook object model from any type of service.

If you are using Exchange you can use Redemption, CDO 1.21 or even Exchange Web services to send, but without Exchange you cannot do what you want at all.

You would need to log into the Exchange user's mailbox, running under a context with permissions to do so, and retrieve the information you want from the mailbox using only Redemption, CDO (no managed code) or EWS. You could also use Extended MAPI with C++ or Delphi also.

With no Exchange forget it.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Friday, September 6, 2013 6:06 PM