Help to recover MainPage.xaml source!

Question

• I am working to use Visual Studio 2012 RC to develop a metro app for Windows 8.

I have developed a prototype UI by applying XMAL in VS 2012.

Unfortunately when I tried to run program it met a bug and Windows 8 is dead.

I have to restarted the PC.

But when I restarted VS 2012 and load MainPage.xaml, it displayed "Invalid XAML"

I lost my XAML source now! MainPage.xaml file is still there. .cpp file is there.

Can I recover the source of XAML from somewhere? Help.

Charlie Chang L

Monday, July 09, 2012 3:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• There is some XAML code in bad format in your MainPage.xaml. It might because your modification not get saved when win8 dead. Check the xaml code to see if there is any error marked (or build and check the error list.)

Monday, July 09, 2012 11:45 PM
  • There is some XAML code in bad format in your MainPage.xaml. It might because your modification not get saved when win8 dead. Check the xaml code to see if there is any error marked (or build and check the error list.)

The MainPage.xaml is a long string with symbol ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.

It is too bad to lost my source design. I think the only solution now is to redesign. It waste me one week time! The probability of this critical error is high. And this is the second time. The first one is a sample project. I just think it was an accident.

VS should auto backup sources before execution in Debug mode.  And VS should provide a default Source Code Control. This kind of risk must be avoided in 100%.

Charlie Chang L

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:02 AM
  • You may try to recover the XAML out of the deployed package, as explained here.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:00 PM
  • You are so cool! I found it. Thanks very much.

Charlie Chang L

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:06 PM