Duplicate 'AssemblyVersionAttribute" attribute. RRS feed

• Question

• I received this in the Error List for file AssemblyInfo.cs

Yeah, okay, I understand that I could just comment it out, BUT, will that action cause other issues?

I am attempting to push changes to an extremely basic LightSwitch HTML app up to my IIS box.  

As a non "Web Guy" I am saddened... 

I suppot PASS - www.SQLPASS.org

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott

> Duplicate 'AssemblyVersionAttribute" attribute

Thanks for your feedback.

According to the error message, you should check whether it has the duplicate in the AssemblyInfo.cs file.

At the same time you can check the trace.axd using method in the link below to troubleshoot.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lightswitch/archive/2011/09/20/diagnosing-problems-in-a-deployed-lightswitch-application-eric-erhardt.aspx

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 10, 2014 9:27 AM
  • I've tried to reproduce the issue that you are seeing and have not been able to. Could you tell us which version of Visual Studio you are using, which version of the Azure SDK you have installed on your development machine, what type of LightSwitch application you are trying to publish, and what publish options are configured in the publish wizard?

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

Monday, February 10, 2014 6:44 PM