Optimal scaling method

Question

• I am developing a project that works in portrait mode. However, given the developer guidelines as well as the possible use case scenarios where the project will be launched on a device without an accelerometer, therefore not being able to work in portrait and being defaulted to landscape, I need to implement proper scaling for when the DirectX project is running in landscape mode.

Currently, the flipping is done correctly, but the application still maintains the previous scale (as in portrait mode). I noticed that the scaling I want is that already used in Windows: if I switch from my application to a landscape one, the screen is flipped, and I get into full-blown landscape mode. When I switch back to the portrait application (from landscape) for a second I see the screen (still portrait) scaled to the landscape mode height (with dark parts on the sides - unused screen space).

Is there an API to achieve this or should I implement my own XAML+DX scaling mechanism, that depends on the orientation?

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:06 AM

All replies