none
url document in sharepoint library RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

For issue #1, I am not sure if this will help but you could try checking your PDF Reader's Preferences and play with the "Display PDF in browser" setting.

For issue #2, if you create a linked table to your document library,

you will see one of the fields/columns is the "URL Path."

You should be able to use this column to populate your webbrowser control.

Hope it helps...

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Thursday, July 5, 2018 1:05 AM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 11:40 PM
  • Hello tekoko10,

It seems that you want to get the UNC path of the Mapped Driver.

If so, please try code like below.

Set objFso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
        objUNCPath = objFso.Drives("Z:\").ShareName
        MsgBox "UNC Path for Z: is " & objUNCPath

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Thursday, July 5, 2018 1:07 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I can't test it right now, but isn't it just one of the properties/columns of the List? For example, have you tried URL or URI?

Just thinking out loud...

Monday, July 2, 2018 2:46 PM
  • no , i do not understand what you mean by thet 
    Monday, July 2, 2018 3:18 PM
  • Did you create a linked table to the document library in your Access database?

Just curious...

Monday, July 2, 2018 3:46 PM
  • no, it is a document library with pdf -fiels  on a SharePoint site.

i want to retrieve the urls from the pdf-files , so i can open the file in a webbrowser control  in a form, so the pdf is embedded in the form

Monday, July 2, 2018 4:19 PM
  • no, it is a document library with pdf -fiels  on a SharePoint site.

i want to retrieve the urls from the pdf-files , so i can open the file in a webbrowser control  in a form, so the pdf is embedded in the form

Hi,

Let's backup a bit here... So, there's a document library in SharePoint, and you want to access it.

1. Are you trying to do this from within Access?

2. If so, and assuming you have the proper permissions to access the document library, have you tried linking to it from within Access? If not, why not?

Just trying to get a better picture of your situation.

Monday, July 2, 2018 4:29 PM
  • i have the same problem as described here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_access-mso_win10/display-a-pdf-in-the-web-browser-control-of-an/94e3d7eb-a444-49ff-90c5-26404f907ea3

i thought if i somehow could retrieve the url of the pdf files, i could show the pdf in the webbrowser control .

Monday, July 2, 2018 7:13 PM
  • Hi, Your issue and of the thread you linked to are not the same, albeit maybe related. The OP in the other thread was trying to display a local PDF file, while (I guess) you're trying to display a file from the web/Internet. Is this correct? If so, to display anything from the Internet, a copy needs to be downloaded first. It could be to a temporary folder, but it has to be local. Just my 2 cents...
    Monday, July 2, 2018 7:32 PM
  • i have a shared map  on my computer where the pdf files are, but the webbrowsercontrol opens these  files in a browser

if i put the url of that same pdf in the controlsource  then the form shows the control like i want.

that is why i need the url

so i think i have the same problem

in the pictures : first the screen with local pdf / second with the url

Monday, July 2, 2018 9:39 PM
  • Hi,

For issue #1, I am not sure if this will help but you could try checking your PDF Reader's Preferences and play with the "Display PDF in browser" setting.

For issue #2, if you create a linked table to your document library,

you will see one of the fields/columns is the "URL Path."

You should be able to use this column to populate your webbrowser control.

Hope it helps...

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Thursday, July 5, 2018 1:05 AM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 11:40 PM
  • Hello tekoko10,

It seems that you want to get the UNC path of the Mapped Driver.

If so, please try code like below.

Set objFso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
        objUNCPath = objFso.Drives("Z:\").ShareName
        MsgBox "UNC Path for Z: is " & objUNCPath

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Thursday, July 5, 2018 1:07 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:56 AM
  • hello DBguy, i downloaded adobe acrobat reader , and now it works ! many thanks !

Thursday, July 5, 2018 1:07 AM
  • hello DBguy, i downloaded adobe acrobat reader , and now it works ! many thanks !

Hi,

Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Thursday, July 5, 2018 3:09 PM
  • hello DBguy

this worked fine until now, i added two files to the library  and their name is missing in the document library list ….

do you have an explanation ?

i've put a new question on this matter  : 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/594733a5-d31c-4be0-aead-91706b486b40/document-name-misssing-in-sharepoint-documentslibary-linked-table?forum=accessdev

Thursday, July 19, 2018 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

I posted a comment in your other thread to check the Name and Title properties in SharePoint for those two files.

Hope it helps...

Thursday, July 19, 2018 3:48 PM