WCF DataService 5.0 Installation RRS feed

• Question

• The installation hangs when trying to install on windows 7. 

Processing .... WCF Data Services ... CHS Language Pack

On Cancellation trying to uninstall same issue

Anyone else got the same problem?

Haroon

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:08 AM

Answers

• Was this ever resolved? Curious if the issue went away.

-Ian

• Marked as answer by Haroon Said Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:48 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:40 PM

All replies

• The installataion is expected to hang for a few minutes when installing tools for Visual Studio. If it is haning on CHS Language Pack like you say, that is a bit odd.

Could you go to %temp% and send me the log for the MSI that it is haning on (if it exists)? And also the bootstrapper log. The file names would be WCF_Data_Services_5.0_(OData_v3)_##############.txt and WCF_Data_Services_5.0_(OData_v3)_##############_#_wcf_dataservices_lp_zh_cn.txt? My email is iawillia@microsoft.com.

-Ian

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:41 PM
  • Looking at the logs you sent me, I can only see what I think you already figured out - it's haning while running ngen to generate a native image of one of the resource DLLs.  I haven't seen or heard of this behavior before.

What OS and Windows Installer version are you running? Also I would try uninstalling from Programs and Features, redownloading our installer, and running it again if you haven't already. If that still fails, I wonder if there is an issue with ngen on your system configuration. Sorry I can't be more helpful at this time.

-Ian

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:07 PM
  • Was this ever resolved? Curious if the issue went away.

-Ian

• Marked as answer by Haroon Said Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:48 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:40 PM