none
Excel 2013 - Enabling Power Pivot via script RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have to install & enable the Power Pivot add-in for Excel 2013 on ~100 machines, which makes the process quite tedious if using the interactive method.

Can it be done via command line?

Thanks in advance...

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 10:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, the Power Pivot add-in is an COM add-in. There is no such API in Excel object model we can enable this kind of add-in. It is enable base on the value in the registry. Here is the registry path for your reference:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\PowerPivotExcelClientAddIn.NativeEntry.1]
    "LoadBehavior"=dword:00000003
    "FriendlyName"="Microsoft Office PowerPivot for Excel 2013"
    "Description"="Microsoft Office PowerPivot for Excel 2013"
    We can change the value of "LoadBehavior" to 3 to enable the COM add-in. And since I am not familiar with command line and scripting, I would suggest that you reopen a new thread in the following forum:
    Windows PowerShell

The Official Scripting Guys Forum!

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Excel, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Excel
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 7:25 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, the Power Pivot add-in is an COM add-in. There is no such API in Excel object model we can enable this kind of add-in. It is enable base on the value in the registry. Here is the registry path for your reference:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\PowerPivotExcelClientAddIn.NativeEntry.1]
    "LoadBehavior"=dword:00000003
    "FriendlyName"="Microsoft Office PowerPivot for Excel 2013"
    "Description"="Microsoft Office PowerPivot for Excel 2013"
    We can change the value of "LoadBehavior" to 3 to enable the COM add-in. And since I am not familiar with command line and scripting, I would suggest that you reopen a new thread in the following forum:
    Windows PowerShell

The Official Scripting Guys Forum!

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:04 AM