Does specifying relative paths in v4 print driver INF work? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a v4 print driver package ( model specific ) with single INF file for multiple-models, multiple architecture ( x64 and x86) and multiple-languages. In order to do so, I would have to segregate common binaries, model specific binaries and language specific binaries using folder structure. To make sure, single INF works for all the above criteria I have to specify relative paths of binaries as needed. This used to work for our v3 driver package. Also, our v3 driver package is WHQL certified this making sure it is in full compliance with Microsoft guideline. However, if I try to follow the same format for v4 inf, Add Printer Wizard throws up an error saying "The Printer Driver was not installed. The system cannot find the file specified"

Below is the sample snippet of v4 INF that is causing the problem

[SourceDisksFiles.NTamd64]
    XXXv4Core.init=1,\Common\amd64
    XXXv4Core-manifest.ini=1
    XXXv4Core.inf=1
    XXXv4Core.PPD=1
    XXXv4Core.dll=1,\Common\amd64
    XXXv4Core.abc=1,\Common\amd64
    XXXv4Core-AutoConfig-ps.gdl=1,\Common\amd64

XXXv4Core-DevModeMap.xml=1,\Common\amd64
    XXXv4Core-DriverEvents.xml=1,\Common\amd64
    XXXv4Core-PipelineConfig.xml=1,\Common\amd64
    XXXv4Core-QueueProperties.xml=1,\Common\amd64
    XXXv4Core.ghi=1,\Common\amd64
    XXXv4Core.cm2=1,\Common\amd64
    XXXv4CorePropertyBag.dpb=1,\Common\amd64

Please let me know if this method of specifying relative paths of binaries in INF work? If not, please suggest a way to achieve the goal of having single INF for multiple-models, multiple-architectures and multiple-languages. As I mentioned, this was possible in v3 inf. Eagerly awaiting a reply.

Thanks,

Vikas

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:16 AM