none
Upgraded from VS 2003 to VS 2005 then few of the strongly type (.xsd) datasets throws exceptions. Please look into it. Options RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have upgraded all of my VS 2003 built xsd files to VS 2005. For some  
    reason I just can't compile the upgraded version of the project (in VS
    2005) because of the exceptions (blue lines) I get in few of the
    ".xsd" files in the VS 2005 IDE.

Error:

I see blue lines under the below lines in few of my DataSets
    underneath the lines of code

System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttributeSystem.ComponentModel.Toolbo­xItemSystem.ComponentModel.CollectionChangeEventHandler<System.ComponentMod­el.Browsable(false),
    _

System.ComponentModel.DesignerSerializationVisibilityAttribute(System.Compo­nentModel.DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content)>
    _

When I mouse hover under the first one line of code it says "
    'DesignerCategoryAttribute' is ambiguous in the name space 'System.ComponentModel'"

On the second line I get  " 'ToolBoxItemAttribute' is ambiguous in the name space 'System.ComponentModel'"

On the third line On the second line I get " 'CollectionChangeEventHandler' is ambiguous in the name space
    'System.ComponentModel'"

And on the fourth line I get " 'Browsable' is ambiguous in the name space 'System.ComponentModel'"

And so on... But just to give you a note I don't see the same thing happerning for all of the .xsd file but for just few of them.

I tried to compare both of these files to see if there is any difference in them but couldn't notice any thing different.

Am I missing some thing in here? Do I have to reference any dlls in the VS 2005? If it was the case why few of the .xsd files are smiply fine?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -L

Monday, June 25, 2007 4:34 PM