none
Ideas for desktop application - dyslexic RRS feed

• General discussion

• Taking notes is turning to be a nightmare for me. I am dyslexic, I am constantly afraid of making an embarrassing spelling mistake.

****Create an application in which. I type in Word, all my typing gets updated (only if there is no spell mistake or when I press a button, names will be capitalized) in onenote. I display onenote to the world and word is only visible to me. 
    Questions:
    Are there any applications that behaves this way ?
    What is an effort to write this kind of a application? Can this be done? Which platform this will be easiest to implement?****
    what should be my approach (please give me key words so that I can google)

Saturday, January 17, 2015 1:11 AM

All replies

• Hi leaguerDe,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

>>. I type in Word, all my typing gets updated (only if there is no spell mistake or when I press a button, names will be capitalized) in onenote. I display onenote to the world and word is only visible to me. Are there any applications that behaves this way ?<<

I don't know whether there is application could achieve the goal, you may need to find it on the internet.

>>What is an effort to write this kind of a application? Can this be done? Which platform this will be easiest to implement?****<<

Based on my understanding, we can use Range.GetSpellingSuggestions to get the result of spell suggestion and then we can get the content in word vai Word Object Model. At last, we can use OneNote API to insert a page. However the disadvantage is that it is very diffcult to keep the format in Word.

>> Which platform this will be easiest to implement<<

I am not understand about the platform exactly. Based on the scenario, we may develop an VSTO application add-in for Word.

>>what should be my approach<<

Since the solution is special to the requirement, I am afraid that I also can't give some helpful suggestion.

Thanks for your understanding and hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 19, 2015 9:38 AM