DirectX SDK download RRS feed

• Question

• When I tried to download the sdk, I get the error message "...is not a valid win32 application."  After doing some surfing, this message is related to an incompatibility issue.  I think Microsoft should warn consumers about this on its site for it is misleading.  Even though it says that Windows XP Professional Edition is a supported operating system, it won't be able to open the sdk.  If I am wrong, someone please correct me.  I have done all of the other suggestions in the forums to try to get around the message and still I am getting the error.  How can I configure my computer, if possible, to be compatible with the download, or do I need to buy a new computer?

This is frustrating, for I wanted to create games, and it seems like everyone else is able to download it but me. 

It appears that my computer is 32-bit, hence the Win32.  Am I right?  The SDK requires 64 bit.  Why didn't it say that on the site before I downloaded it.

is there a 32-bit version of the SDK. 

But what makes me so angry is that I have visual studio 2005, have downloaded the directx runtime, and windows xp professional, but can't do any of the tutorials because I can't get the sdk. 

Is there anything else I can do to get the SDK on my computer.  No one seems to have a direct and clear answer...
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 1:33 PM

Answers

• 9/10 times when i see that message it simply means that the downloaded file has been corrupted.
    Go to www.reget.com and get their download manager, that shld download the sdk file fine Smile
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 9:41 PM

All replies

• 9/10 times when i see that message it simply means that the downloaded file has been corrupted.
    Go to www.reget.com and get their download manager, that shld download the sdk file fine Smile
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 9:41 PM
  • As S. says its most likely a corrupted download. The SDK is totally supported on 32 bit and on Windows XP professional. Tens of thousands of people download this SDK every 2 months and very few have problems so there is not a general error like this.
    Monday, April 9, 2007 4:57 AM