Problem submitting Desktop App RRS feed

• Question

• To submit desktop app for our company, I have done the followings:

1. I bought a cert from DigiCert and successfully signed the winqual.exe file and uploaded it
    2. Created a Company Developer account and paided
    3. Downloaded Windows SDK and test our software(setup.msi) using the Windows App Certification Kit.  The result is "PASSED WITH WARNINGS", and I got 4 warnings.
    4. I clicked "Certify a client app" in Dev Center, then clicked "Choose File", I chose the ACK report .xml file 

The problem is that when I click Next button, I can see the report being uploaded, but then I was redirected to the Legal Agreements page and about 20 agreements are listed and marked Signable.  I failed to get to the Product Info page.

Does it mean to sign the agreements? But I see many of those agreements are not related.  What should I do? 

• Edited by KennonTW Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:20 PM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 2:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Kennon,

Listing desktop apps in the Windows Store is ending once Windows 10 launches, more details here.

It is recommended that you prepare your app according to the  new guidelines for classic apps which will be covered in more detail soon.

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Thursday, June 25, 2015 2:51 PM
  • Hi Eric, are you sure that is the reason of my problem?  Why are they still keeping the links to the old instructions which made me do the 4 steps?  I have paid over US$200 trying to submit the desktop apps!

Can I refund if your answer is the real reason?

• Edited by KennonTW Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:40 PM
    Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:39 PM
  • Hello Kennon,

If you wish to continue to submit your desktop app to the Windows Store before the transition please note that once your account is migrated it will no longer be possible to update the listing once the transition is complete. If you are only wanting to "certify" your app (without publishing it to the Windows Store) then the Desktop App forum would be a more appropriate place to post your question.

On the certificate, please consult DigiCert directly.

-Eric

Thursday, June 25, 2015 5:23 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Sure I want to continue to submit the app as we already paid.  Even it is not allowed to update but at least we can link to our web site through Desktop App Listing.

But the main problem is that we are not able to submit the apps as  I mentioned in my original question.  

Does anyone know why I am being redirected to the Legal Agreement page after uploading the ACK report?

Thursday, June 25, 2015 6:24 PM
  • We are in the middle of migrating accounts to the new Dev Center so we will need to look at your account in order to determine the exact cause. Depending on the state of your account either Dev Center support or Sys Dev may need to assist you.

Please contact Dev Center support for further assistance.

-Eric

Thursday, June 25, 2015 8:51 PM
  • My question is finally answered by Sysdev and the answer is to sign the following 2 agreements:

·         Windows Certification Program Testing Agreement v1.0

·         WINDOWS LOGO LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR SOFTWARE v1.7

KennonTW

Saturday, June 27, 2015 7:24 AM
  • Hi KennonTW,

Were you able to get your app certified successfully? and also were you able to get it listed on windows store?

We are facing similar issue as well. We spent money to buy Digicert, got through winqual, uploaded the report, signed all aggreements and submitted for review but no update since then either on dashboard or through email. Only response I received after inquiring the support is that they stopped the support for windows store listing for non UWP apps. But there are many links/pages on MS website that still talks about desktop app to get listed and certified for non UWP apps. So I'm bit confused about what MS trying to do and what is the status.

Thanks!

-Phani.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 5:13 AM
  • We are able to submit the app after signing 2 agreements as I mentioned above.

However, Microsoft's arrangement is so bad that they left a lot of traps in his website and have no warning before you spend money!  They fade out the Win8 App Store support because they want to transfer only the verified UWP apps to Win10 App Store.

Even I can submit the apps, we cannot update it and the apps only appear in Win8 App Store, not Win10.  When you try to ask for help, all reply will finally ask you to remove the non-UWP apps from App Store.  Obviously, Microsoft don't want the non-UWP apps staying in the App Store.  I rejected them.

But I am surprised that the trap is still here after Win10 launched.

KennonTW

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 5:49 AM