Unable to load data. RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone else experienced an unable to load data error whenever a query based on a table is used in a screen.  It will work when running on my local computer, but as soon as I deploy it I get an "Unable to load data" error.  I have tried with no parameters, no preprocess handler just a derived query and get the same thing every time.  This is something new to VS 2015, I really need some help here.

Derek

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 11:12 PM

Answers

• Hey Josh,

Yeah I enabled trace just a bit ago (probably should have done it sooner :)) and violia

Microsoft.LightSwitch.DataService [Microsoft.LightSwitch.DataService][Application:Error][LightSwitchServiceApplication.AllocationData:TestQuery] An exception has occurred:  Microsoft.LightSwitch.DataServiceOperationException: Method not found: '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'.
      at LightSwitchApplication.Implementation.AllocationDataServiceImplementation.TestQuery()
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Searching on this error led me to a connect issue having to do with Framework 4.6 target.

I am willing to install 4.6 on the server if I can find it.

Derek

Update:  I found the 4.6 download and am installing it now.  I will keep this thread posted.

Final Update :  4.6 Framework Install fixed the problem.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10:40 PM

All replies

• Little more info.  The problem seems to come in the data service execution.  Created 2 projects with identical setup one in 2015 the other in 2013.  Deployed to same server executing same query to the same external database.  2013 works 2015 does not.  Fiddler shows that caching is private on 2015 version and no-cache on the 2013.  2015 gets 500 error, 2013 works fine.  Looked at the Generated Artifacts in both projects and they look the same.  Any help would be appreciated.

Derek

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10:12 PM
  • Derek, long time hope you're well. Not I can help but have you enabled trace to see if there any more clues? Josh
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10:35 PM
  • Hey Josh,

Yeah I enabled trace just a bit ago (probably should have done it sooner :)) and violia

Microsoft.LightSwitch.DataService [Microsoft.LightSwitch.DataService][Application:Error][LightSwitchServiceApplication.AllocationData:TestQuery] An exception has occurred:  Microsoft.LightSwitch.DataServiceOperationException: Method not found: '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'.
      at LightSwitchApplication.Implementation.AllocationDataServiceImplementation.TestQuery()
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Searching on this error led me to a connect issue having to do with Framework 4.6 target.

I am willing to install 4.6 on the server if I can find it.

Derek

Update:  I found the 4.6 download and am installing it now.  I will keep this thread posted.

Final Update :  4.6 Framework Install fixed the problem.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10:40 PM