none
How to get list of topics ? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently building an search engine and one of the things that i am doing is the capability of filtering results by topic. How do i get the list of all topics available on the Video Indexer ? I need them to categorize my media.
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Sergio,

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "topic". I you referring to the topics in your video library? I don't think there's one list big list of topics. You can search across a video library through the insights extracted from a video. For example, indexing spoken words and faces can enable the search experience of finding moments in a video where a particular person spoke certain words or when two people were seen together.Check out this documentation for more  information on using search within Video Indexer. Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:18 AM
  • There's a reason to choose to build an own search engine instead of using the search on Video Indexer.

Also, i am talking about the topics on Video Indexer, these topics:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/media-services/video-indexer/video-indexer-output-json-v2#topics

In this article Microsoft talk about using the IPTC taxonomy when available, but i also need to know what is used when the taxonomy is not available.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:35 PM
  • The Video Indexer topic features uses a subset of the IPTC topic taxonomy. We recommend that you start with that taxonomy first.  

For anything outside of that taxonomy, we do not yet publish the full list as it is still subject to change and could be altered in the near future. 

For now, you can focus on IPTC level 1.  We will be adding more IPTC level 2 topics over time. 

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 4:14 PM
  • Thanks for the answer.

Taking the example "Health and well being / Medicine and healthcare / Pharmaceuticals" that is on the documentation, all videos that i'm uploading to Video Indexer are in the "Health and well being", since they are classes that talk about various topics in medicine.

I really liked the topics that are being automatically detected and it solves a LOT of problems that our startup is facing. Can't i have the list of topics, even if it's still subject to change ? I would really appreciate that.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:22 PM