Cloud services and virtual machine performance data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a cloud service in our lab environment. In that , i have one virtual machine and one web role. When i access that Virtual machine from azure console i would see the dashboard and monitor tab. When i access that monitor tab , i have measures like grpah for cpu, memory, disk and network related metrics. I want to know where or in which location these data's are stored. How these data's are displayed in graph..

Regards,

Rathidevi

Friday, February 27, 2015 9:53 AM

Answers

• hi sir,

By default, Windows OS don't store those performance data, because those data is dynamic shown. But you can check this data via these steps:

1.open the "Run"

2.input " perfmon.msc" and Click "Enter"

3.select the Data Collector Sets and select the System, and then you can click the system performance .

4. You can right-click the Performance counter and check its properties.

You can see there is not the path for this dataset.

You can create a DataSet for this performance in User Defined and specify the  file path.

But I don't recommend you do this, Because it will take a lot of disk space with the time increasing. 

At the same time, I suggest you can refer to this page:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744567(v=ws.10).aspx

Also, you can post this issue on Azure VM forum for more details.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 2, 2015 4:33 AM