none
Interaction Issue RRS feed

• Question

• (Started this on the DPP forums and was asked to post it here instead)

I'm using the 1409 Public Preview and Im still running into some odd behavior with the Interactions.

This is from a basic app with just a UserViewer control, a KinectRegion with a ScrollViewer that contains a wrappanel with a bunch of buttons in it.  Theres no code - except two lines to setup the Kinect region.

I got an exception after trying to grab-n-throw in a scrollviewer (rapidly and frequently).  I logged a post about this before (but it from the call stack it appeared the issue was with the Inertia processing) and after an update to the SDK a while back I haven't had it happen again until now.  I've been able to reproduce it just a few times - mostly when Im doing things really quickly. From the call stack it now looks to be an issue in the GestureRecognizer.

Here is a screenshot of the callstack.

Also - I was able to get it to a state where when my hand was open - it showed the 'grip' cursor, and when I closed my hand it would transition to the 'open' cursor. It was still doing the scrolling correctly (would scroll when my hand was closed, even though the cursor showed an open hand).  I haven't been able to reproduce it again - however it seemed to occur when I was opening/closing my hand quickly along with trying to scroll a scrollviewer and my hand was going past the edge of the window.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 11:34 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the report. We'll investigate.

-Rob

Rob Relyea [MSFT] http://twitter.com/rrelyea

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:35 PM
  • Just to let you know - I've installed the released version of the SDK (not sure if its any different than the Sept Preview Release or not). And I am still getting this exception sometimes when running the ControlBasics-WPF sample. (And Im still able to get it into a state where the cursor on the screen is opposite of what my hand is - when my hand is open, it shows gripped, and when I close my hand - it shows the open hand cursor).

Here is the detail of the exception I am getting when I try to grab-throw to scroll:

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled
      HResult=-2146233079
      Message=This API has returned an exception from an HRESULT: 0x8000000E
      Source=Microsoft.Kinect
      StackTrace:
           at KinectExceptionHelper.CheckHr(Int32 hr)
           at Microsoft.Kinect.Input.KinectGestureRecognizer.OnOutput(INTERACTION_OUTPUT* output)
           at Microsoft.Kinect.Input.KinectGestureRecognizer.ProcessMoveEvents(IList`1 pointerPoints)
           at Microsoft.Kinect.Toolkit.Input.ManipulatableModel.ProcessPointerMove(KinectPointerPoint kinectPointerPoint, Dictionary`2 captureMap, Boolean forceEndPress)
           at Microsoft.Kinect.Toolkit.Input.InputPointerManager.HandlePointerAsCursor(KinectPointerPoint kinectPointerPoint, HitTestResult hitTestResult)
           at Microsoft.Kinect.Wpf.Controls.KinectRegion.HandlePointerAsCursor(KinectPointerPoint kinectPointerPoint, CursorModel cursorModel)
           at Microsoft.Kinect.Wpf.Controls.KinectRegion.KinectCoreWindow_PointerMoved(Object sender, KinectPointerEventArgs args)
           at ContextEventHandler`1.SendOrPostDelegate(Object state)
           at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
           at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
           at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
           at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
           at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
           at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
           at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
           at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
           at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
           at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
           at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
           at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
           at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
           at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
           at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
           at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
           at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
           at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
           at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
           at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
           at System.Windows.Application.Run()
           at Microsoft.Samples.Kinect.ControlsBasics.App.Main() in c:\Users\KW2593\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Kinect v2 Release Samples\ControlsBasics-WPF\obj\Debug\App.g.cs:line 0
           at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
           at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
           at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
           at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
      InnerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
           HResult=-2147483634
           Message=A method was called at an unexpected time. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000000E)
           ErrorCode=-2147483634
           InnerException:

Monday, October 27, 2014 1:48 PM