WebDAV Implementation RRS feed

• Question

• User2090272125 posted

Does anyone know where I can get the details of windows explorer's expectations regarding WebDAV servers?

I have a complex system that's custom but much like sharepoint in terms of what it does and i'm trying tofigure out how to implement WebDAV so that I can allow clients to map DMS folders as windows shared locations in explorer.

I added an empty middleware class with a switch for each of the expected verbs and stuck a breakpoint in there then pointed windows explorer at it and threw a PROPFIND request at the root but no matter what I seem to give it that's as far as I can go.

I thought the spec was quite liberal, what would really help is perhaps an XSD of all the supported data model items or something.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 9:26 AM

All replies

• User-474980206 posted

Here is a sample implementation.

https://github.com/FubarDevelopment/WebDavServer

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 3:20 PM
  • User2090272125 posted

I have seen that, i'll download it and give it a try but reading through the issues listed on there I found that others were finding it particularly buggy, lacking support for more than class 1 features but also someone stated that they were having the same problem I am with it (not able to be consumed from windows explorer).

Whilst it's a reasonable start point for a WebDAV server in general it does not appear to be compatible with windows.

Unless the impression I got was wrong ...

Thursday, January 30, 2020 9:25 AM