none
Database error. RRS feed

• Question

• I Drag a database Table onto a Form and only the Table Adapter shows.  No Binding Source.

Any suggestions please?

Regards, Graham VB Developer

Saturday, April 7, 2018 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hello Graham,

If when doing this controls were placed on the form, remove them and remove the TableAdapter component followed by doing a clean operation on the project via right clicking on Solution Explorer then close Visual Studio.

Reopen Visual Studio to your project and try adding the table to the form again, if this fails create a new throw-away project and try adding the table to a clean form, did this work?

If neither of the above worked, what type of database is being used? What version of Visual Studio is being used? In the past could you successfully perform this operation?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Saturday, April 7, 2018 9:22 AM
  • Hi Grahaml,

According to your description, I guess that you want to drag table directly into Winform, then there are DataSet, BindSource, TableAdapter or other at the bottom of form, do you think so? Is yes, you can check the following steps.

Firstly, you need to create DataSet in your project and drag some tables into this DataSet, then you can find this DataSet in the DataSource , where is DataSource, you can take the following screenshot.

Then you can drag one table from DataSet into form, you will get DataSet, BindSource, TableAdapter or other at the bottom of form

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 9, 2018 5:57 AM
  • Cherry,

I have created a DataSet. I have a DataSource Window.  Although, it does not show in the Vertival Tab space on the left of the Main VS Window.  It's all over the shop.!

There are 3 Tables that do not show in the ServerExplorer.  Bu, Do show in the DataSource.

These are the 3 Tables that will not show a Table Adapter, when drded onto the Form.

Regards, Graham VB Developer

• Edited by GrahamI Monday, April 9, 2018 8:15 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2018 8:09 AM
  • Hi Grahaml,

Actually I do this like the following screenshot, you will get DataSet, BindSource, TableAdapter or other at the bottom of form. If you do like me, and there is not BindSource and TableAdapter or other at the bottom of form, you can do one video to show  the entire process.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 7:33 AM