none
Moving to 2.0.12050-alpha.....help please RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have several function apps in a solution based on 2.0.11961-alpha and things work great. Trying to move to the latest build, I am unable to successfully deploy functions that make use of extensions such storage, event grid and SignalR. I get indexing errors. So I followed the instructions here:

https://github.com/Azure/azure-functions-host/wiki/Binding-Extensions-Management

I explicitly added `Microsoft.Azure.Webjobs.Script.ExtensionsMetadataGenerator` to the project and re-built. But the extensions.jar produced in the output (i.e. bin/Debug/betstandard2.0) is empty:

{
      "extensions":[
      ]
    }

What am I supposed to do please? Modify the `function.json` manually? 

Regards

Khaled Hikmat

Saturday, September 1, 2018 10:22 AM

Answers

• It looks like this is the same issue as https://github.com/Azure/Azure-Functions/issues/928, which is still being investigated. Though that thread has a possible workaround: remove and re-add the metadata generator.

Please give that a shot, and follow up on that issue as needed so it's all in one place.

thanks,
    David

• Proposed as answer by David Ebbo Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Khaled Hikmat Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:04 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Khaled,
    You may be facing this issue because of the breaking changes have been released with Deployment of Azure Functions Runtime 2.0.12050-alpha 
    Please go through Azure functions 2.0.12050 release announcement and make sure you take the necessary steps to avoid being impacted by the changes in this release.
    Let me know if that helps in solving your problem or if you are still seeing issues. Thanks.

Sunday, September 2, 2018 9:32 AM
  • Yes...I am aware of these and I read the announcement and did all the steps (by Nugetting all the extensions, etc). Otherwise I would not have been able to compile :-)  The main problem is what do I do to register these extensions? It says to explicitly reference `Microsoft.Azure.Webjobs.Script.ExtensionsMetadataGenerator`  and rebuilt. This actually produces `extensions.json` ...but it is empty and hence my question.

Regards,

Khaled Hikmat

Sunday, September 2, 2018 10:11 AM
  • Are you still having this issue? If so, we will have someone look into it. You should not have to manually edit extensions.json.

David

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:05 PM
  • It looks like this is the same issue as https://github.com/Azure/Azure-Functions/issues/928, which is still being investigated. Though that thread has a possible workaround: remove and re-add the metadata generator.

Please give that a shot, and follow up on that issue as needed so it's all in one place.

thanks,
    David

• Proposed as answer by David Ebbo Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Khaled Hikmat Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:04 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:12 PM
  • Hi, yes...it sounds like it is identical to my issue. I will try it and update the GitHub issue. Thank you sir. 

Khaled Hikmat

Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:03 AM