Seach feature for pictures? RRS feed

• Question

• User-2010712463 posted

This is a long shot but I thought I would see if anyone has tried to do something like this.

I have well over 1000 pictures on my website which grows larger every week.  I thought it would be cool if there was a way for a user to search all my albums for specific pictures by name or subject.  For example they could type in their name or my kids name or "wedding" and that would execute a sql query that would search through... I don't know, the caption field and then retrieve and display only those pictures that contained the search criteria. 

I'm using the Jeremy Wadsworth personal starter kit. Anybody have an idea on how to do this or perhaps already done something like this?

Thanks! 

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:39 PM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

You need to create a database, and store the details of the images in it.  Suggested fields would include Title, FileName, Caption, Description, KeyWords, Category or similar.  Then you will need to build a search screen that queries the database for matches against whatever the user is searching for.  How you construct that page will very much depend on how you want to allow people to conduct their search.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 2:33 AM